iMC 7.3 version provides the dbman tool, which is convenient for users to perform backup and restore operations on iMC. However, dbman has many precautions during the operation. The following example introduces the error report caused by the user not paying attention to the relevant precautions when the dbman backup is restored.
In the operation on site, dbman prompts that there is a recovery error, and you need to check the log. In the error report, guide the user to view dmalog.
1. After the dmalog log is provided on site, there are the following prompts:
2018-11-21 17:45:35 [INFO] [AWT-EventQueue-0] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.DBManConfiguration::g(1084)] saveDbmanConfig(): success end
2018-11-21 17:45:44 [INFO] [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-10] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.DBManConfiguration$h::b(5693)] errorMsg.iErrCode is- 1
2018-11-21 17:45:44 [ERROR] [SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-10] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.DBManConfiguration$h::b(5695)] Failed to restore, ErrCode is :-1ErrInfo is :Dbman deal msg error, please to see dbman_debug.log
2. Guide the user to view dbman_debug.log from the dmalog log prompt. The directory is as follows: iMC installation directory\dbman\log. Therefore, it is recommended that users provide logs under the iMC installation directory\dbman\log when dbman reports an error.
From the dbman_debug.log log, you can see that when restoring the database, an error message indicates that TAM database information cannot be found in the database.
2018-11-21 18:01:14 [INFO] [ManualRestoreBase] Restore file list: D:\2018\20181112IMCback101\127.0.0.1@tam_tam_db_20181111_153000_full.db
2018-11-21 18:01:14 [INFO] [ManualRestoreBase] FileDir: D:\2018\20181112IMCback101; StrfileName: 127.0.0.1@tam_tam_db_20181111_153000_full.db; FileLen: 4321280
2018-11-21 18:01:14 [ERROR] [locateDb] Can not find strKey: 127.0.0.1@tam_tam
2018-11-21 18:01:14 [ERROR] [checkDBFiles] Instance 127.0.0.1@tam_tam invalid: there is no information on server
2018-11-21 18:01:14 [INFO] [sendTrapAlert] Send trap success
2018-11-21 18:01:14 [ERROR] [ManualRestoreBase] Fail to check DB file.
2018-11-21 18:01:14 [ERROR] [response_err_code] errCode = -1
From the fact that the TAM database information cannot be found, it is known that there is no TAM database in iMC. Through comparison, it is found that the 127.0.0.1@tam_tam_db_20181111_153000_full.db database file backed up by TAM exists in the on-site recovery package. By comparing the deployment tab in the deployment monitoring agent And found that the TAM component is not installed in iMC.
1. If the content of the TAM component is not restored on site, it is recommended to cut 127.0.0.1@tam_tam_db_20181111_153000_full.db in the recovery folder to another folder when the site is restored
2. If you need to restore the content of TAM components on site, you need to deploy the same version of TAM components as uam in iMC. If uam is not deployed, strictly speaking, you need to know the TAM version when backing up the TAM database, deploy the same version, and then restore it.
3. It is recommended that users provide logs under the iMC installation directory \dbman\log when dbman reports an error.