To use a license-based feature, you must purchase a formal license or obtain a trial license and install the license for the feature.
Enter user view and use display license command to view the activation file status. If the Current State is In use or Usable, the installation is successful.
When the value for the Licensed field is N, no license is installed.
When the value for the Licensed field is Y, a license is installed. When the license state is Trial, the feature is installed with a temporary and valid license. When the state is Formal, the feature is installed with a formal and valid license.
Total: 32 Usage: 1
Feature Licensed State
ACG Y Trial
AV N -
IPRPT N -
IPS Y Trial
SLB N -
SSLVPN N -
UFLT Y Trial
WAF N -
· Make sure no one else is performing license management tasks on the device you are working with.
· Expired formal licenses cannot be uninstalled. Expired licenses remain in the license storage area unless you compress the license storage area. The exhaustion of the license storage area will cause installation failures of new licenses.
· Before registering licenses, view the available number and installed number on the Compress License Storage page. Make sure the number of registered licenses and installed licenses are no more than the available number.
· Compressing the license storage area changes DID and deletes expired licenses and uninstalled license information. Before you compress the license storage area, back up Uninstall keys, and make sure all activation files generated based on the old DID have been installed. These activation files cannot be installed after the compression.
· When installing a license, the system also searches the storage media for a matching feature package. When it finds a matching package, it stops searching and installs the package.
· When uninstalling a license, the system checks whether the feature package for the license is running. If it is running, the system uninstalls the package automatically.
· If you cannot obtain or re-register the activation file due to issues such as operating system and browser errors of the HTTP client, contact H3C Support.